Thursday, October 1, 2009

Absolute Beginners

So, after what seemed like endless months of prodding by the roommate, I've gone ahead and started a blog for my hockey rantings ramblings. I think mostly she grew weary of being the only outlet for my nonstop complaining, but she says that there could be an audience for what I write, so we'll see.

I spent a lot of time thinking about what I wanted this blog to be, and about the perfect first entry to launch my blogging career. I am, first and foremost, a fan of the New York Rangers, so the majority of posts will be about them: the hopes, the worries, all the ups and downs of being a Blueshirt fan. I thought, maybe I could start off with some thoughtful analysis of the team, looking at its strengths and weaknesses, write about what I think this team can and can't do. I thought, I also like other teams in the NHL, so maybe I could write about the league as a whole, make some bold predictions on what I expect for the season. I thought, maybe I can sit down and come up with some truly insightful and unique viewpoints, things that will make people sit back and think, 'huh.'

And then I realized, this blog will probably mostly consist of things like this:



so there you go.

Good luck to all of the teams this season, and LET'S GO KITTIES RANGERS!

oh! And as a preview of what to expect (other than ridiculous macros), check out the Atlantic Division roundtable that I participated in. I've been assured that I don't come across as a moron, and the other participants had really interesting things to say about their teams.

4 comments:

  1. I thought Ovie *was* a skating kitty? A SKATING KITTY OF EXTREME AWESOMNESS AND SCORING FEROCITY! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. KITTY. SKATING KITTY. WOT HOW AWESOME.

    I've now rss'd you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I betcha Chococat would tear some 'ish up on the ice...

    ReplyDelete